Friday, February 5, 2010

Why do my nails hurt and feel like they're burning after i put on nail hardener(after having fake on & off)

I've been getting my nails done for about 2 yrs. I went to the salon to take them off a couple weeks ago. After she took them off she put on nail hardener or healer. When I got home the tips of my fingers were hurting when I picked something up. It feels like the part of the skin under the nail is burning. After a couple minutes it goes away. It happens every time I paint my nails at home since the last time I took them off. What is wrong with my nails/fingers? Will it go away after a while since I already stopped getting my nails done?Why do my nails hurt and feel like they're burning after i put on nail hardener(after having fake on %26amp; off)
I am no expert but I have seen women's nails (real nails) after they have been wearing fake for a long time. They are thin, much thinner than they should be due to lack of oxygen. I would guess the same thing happened to you and the nail hardener and polish is going right through your nail to the skin underneath, which is very sensitive. I would suggest not wearing anything for a month or two to let your nails heal a bit before trying again. Oh and don't use fake nails anymore.Why do my nails hurt and feel like they're burning after i put on nail hardener(after having fake on %26amp; off)
If your nails feels like they are burning it's because you just removed the fake nails.It's that your nail bed is very thin from having the nails removed.As your own nails grow out the will become stronger. Yes the burning feeling will go away..

2 comments:

  1. I used the witchcraft rock solid nail hardener for the first time on myself and my 88 year old mother 2 days ago and we are both experiencing burning finger tips. We both have also used nail hardener for years with no problem, rock solid is a serious problem. Either one of us have ever had artificial nails, so I need to know what is in this and why it burns so badly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg... I have the exact problem.... I stopped wearing gel nails about 5 years ago and continued using the Witchcraft Rock Solid as I had for many years in between my visits to the nail salon. After applying the Witchcraft not 10 minutes go by then I am forced to take some acetone and take the nailhardener off.... the pain and burning sensation in my finger tips quickly makes its way to the palm of my hands rendering my fingers completely in terrible pain. As soon as I take off the Witchcraft, the pain would go away almost instantly. I would like to know what is in this WITCHCRAFT hardener that is doing this to me. Without a nailhardener my nails are like a piece of paper at the ends of my fingers. I am able to use Sally Hansen Nail hardener without any pain but it isn't strong enough to keep my nails from bending. I tried putting a coat of Sally Hansen first then a coat of Witchcraft but I wasn't even finished painting my 2nd hand and first one was beginning to throb. I would like to know if there is something else I could use and what exactly it is that I am obviously so sensitive towards in the Witchcraft product.

    Thank you

    Kimberley

    ReplyDelete