Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Is there something other than nail hardener to put on my nails so they dont break easy?

Ive always had strong long nails. They grow very fast. I am going to school soon for auto mechanics and i am looking for something to put on my nails. I have worked on cars for a few years now and amazingly i can work without them breaking often, but some do. Its usually the same ones. I am planning on cutting them halfway because honestly they are too long to begin with, but i thought maybe there was some kind of gel or something that i could get put on. Ive used nail hardeners and honestly ive had no differance. My problem is i need something that wont discolor much from the oils and stuff and also that doesnt chip off much like polish. Cause thats what happens usually and it doesnt look pretty and i dont like using nail polish remover when i can help it.Is there something other than nail hardener to put on my nails so they dont break easy?
My mom used to use this stuff to make her nails strong because she has very brittle nails. You just massage it into your nails and it works great! It was originally used to treat horses hooves, but the people who applied it realized their nails were so strong from using it consistently, so they made it into a product for humans. It really does work!





I'm honestly not sure where to get it, but you might be able to find it at your local drugstore. If not, try this website: http://www.barielle.com/barielle/control鈥?/a>Is there something other than nail hardener to put on my nails so they dont break easy?
If anyone looks this question up, and has similar trouble try a layer of IBD gel on the natural nail. You'll need a UV light, about $40 and the gel and light are at Sally's Beauty Supply. It's clear, won't harm the nail bed, and protects and strengthens better than any polish/hardner.

Report Abuse



try ,using a clear fingernail brush,put it in fingernail polish remover to get the polish off, then carefully paint your fingernails with crazy glue
try OPI nail envy. That stuff is like gold!! I have always had weak thin nails, and tried everything everywhere but this stuff makes my nails so strong!! Almost as strong as those fake nails. My nails don't tear chip or break.
Use pure Shea Butter. It is a natural nail strengthener (and generally great for skin etc.) but rubbing it into the nails will help themnot only be stronger but also prevent flaking and peeling of layelrs of the nails that cause breakage. I swear by it, and I have to cut my nails because they get so long, but I break a nail so rarely the last time I broke one and had to cut them all, my BANK TELLER noticed. Of all people. :)
hmm..not really. maybe use like 2 coats? i like to use hard as nails.
I've always had a problem with my nails breaking at work, I found this stuff it's called Nail Experts length %26amp; strength from AVON it works really good, and it was a decent price.

No comments:

Post a Comment