Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How can I remove clear (nail hardener type) nail polish from a new prefinished oak wood floor?

There are 2, small, light colored drips in living room that are obvious to me. I read the answer for removing red lacquer based nail polish with mineral spirits, but would that also apply to clear hardener type? I assume they are polyurethane finished.How can I remove clear (nail hardener type) nail polish from a new prefinished oak wood floor?
Mix a few drops of a mild dish detergent into a bucket of warm water. Rub the stain with a soft cloth wet with the solution.How can I remove clear (nail hardener type) nail polish from a new prefinished oak wood floor?
This is definitely not a good answer, it does not remove the nail polish! Neither does Mr. Clean eraser (Must have been written by Mr. Clean Mfgs.)

Report Abuse



The mineral spirits, or nail polish remover will take the finish up from your new floors.





The best bet, since it is clear, is to just let it wear off with time.





If it really bothers you, use some non acetone nail polish remover, and a q-tip. Just rub the nail polish very gently until just that spot is gone. You might cause a more noticeable spot is my only worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment