Friday, February 5, 2010

';Nail Magic'; nail hardener makes my fingers ache.?

There is this nail hardener that I buy at Sally's. It's pink and it comes in a box and it's called Nail Magic.


I like it because it makes my nails strong and it makes them grow faster.


But I've noticed that whenever I use it, my fingers kind of burn.


The more I use it, the worse it gets.


I used it quite a few hours ago and my fingers still hurt. So much so that they feel like they are on fire and the ache has gone up to my elbows and into my wrists.


It hurts quite a bit, but the polish it dry.


When I run my hands under cold water, or put them right in front of the AC, the pain subsides, but as soon as that cold wears off, it comes back...





Any ideas as to why it's doing this or how I can make it stop?





(And don't say ';Stop using it'; because I've already decided that I'm going to if there's no other solution...)';Nail Magic'; nail hardener makes my fingers ache.?
OMG the same thing happened to me! I still have it, it comes in a purple box, with gold on it. I liked it for about the first week. Then it started burning my under my nails turned a reddish color... I was horrible..I left it on for another week, but I noticed it was just getting worse and my fingers began to swell, i even stopped being able to sleep! After I couldn't sleep I decided to take it off with nail polish remover and it kept burning for about another week. It hurt all the time, especially if I touched something. I went to my dermatoligist and she said that I had a chemical burn and actually had to prescribe an antibiotic ointment to rub into my nails. They finally healed. From previous use and pain I would say stop using this immediately! I know its great for awhile, but now I'm just using a sally hansen hard as nails and it works just fine too. Go see your local dermatoligist you might need an antibiotic too!';Nail Magic'; nail hardener makes my fingers ache.?
Sounds like your allergice to a chemical in it. Stop using it.

Report Abuse



Yeah no problem, hope everything is ok!

Report Abuse



So if you ever intend on using I would say do not use any other product on the nails at the time of use. I do this and it seems to be working alright: cutcl-remover %26amp; push back/wash/nail magic 2-3 very thin (not on entire nail- stay away from entire cuticle including sides)/dry 20 min/cuticle oil.

Report Abuse



OK if your gonna keep using it and it hurts, just beware, burning pain is a good sign that something is wrong..So I say use it at your own risk. And don't be surprised if something worse than the burning pain happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment